Cooking at home doesn`t mean that you have to compromise with the look and serving of the dish. Making your own fine dine evening with friends can save so much money (approximately 100$ per person if you dine out in Dubai) and can be a good reason to have dinner parties more often. Since summer is here (and that mean temperature of 45 plus degrees Celsius) get yourself together and prepare this super healthy duck with crispy skin and two kinds of mashed potatoes.
Be careful with the timings when you cook the duck as you want to keep the moisture and the pink color of the meat. Cooking duck breasts is very much like cooking beef. You sear the breast staring with the skin side, without adding any oil or butter. Also do not over season the meat as you might have sticky moment and tear the meat apart. After 2-3 minutes in the skillet move it to preheated oven and then cook for another 6-8 minutes. Take it out and let the meat rest before slicing it. If you fancy some sweetness you can brush the cooked meat with teriyaki sauce.
For those of you who lives in Dubai, you can go and get duck breasts from Park and Shop in Green Community. They offer row, smoked and whole duck as well. The price is somewhere between 25-30 dirhams per peace. This make it pretty affordable, so write down the list of ingredients and get started.
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
Ingredients (for 4 portions)
-4 duck breasts
– 2 normal potatoes
-2 sweet potatoes
– 1 cup milk
– 1 tbsp. honey
– 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
– 100g butter
-salt and pepper for seasoning
- Start with boiling the potatoes. Prepare each mash by adding milk, butter and salt.
- With a knife score the duck breasts and season with salt and pepper
- Cook in a skillet with the skin side first for 3 mins. Turn the breasts and cook another 3 mins.
- Move the breasts to the preheat oven for additional 8 mins. Let it rest before serving for at least 10 mins
- Boil the carrots for 5 mins and cut into chips kind of slices. Use one tbsp. butter to glaze into a hot pan. Add the honey and balsamic vinegar at the very end to avoid sticking.
- Cut the duck breasts into thin slices and serve with the two kinds of mash and glazed carrots.