I have a secret to share with you. I was a bit
too much scared to try making sushi at home. I relate sushi with great effort and years of practice. I got a bit nervous as I wanted to make sushi with respect to the Japanese traditions. I went to buy the best tuna and salmon available in Market and Platters and it was the best choice. The fish was brilliant and so delicious.
I am not sure if this recipe needs introduction as most people tried sushi before and loved it. In order to make it you would need to get yourself few things such as sushi mat, sushi rice, good wasabi and the most important- crazy sharp knife. I got mine from Tavola several weeks ago and it feels like I made an investment :D.
I tried to get as many photos as possible and hopefully they are clear enough so you can try it. I made tuna- avocado rolls, salmon hand rolls, and classic salmon sushi.
Ingredients- I live the quantity to you so you can have as many rolls you want:
– 2 cups sushi rice
– 1 tsp sugar
– 1 tbsp white vinegar
– Nori sheets
– Japanese mayo
– pickled ginger
– soy sauce
– sesame seeds
1. Start with the sushi rice. Wash your rice few times until the water is clear. Boil the rice until ready and season with sugar and vinegar. Let it cool.
2. Get your ingredients ready and your knife sharpen.
3. See the steps for making two kinds of rolls
4. For California style rolls :
5. Serve the sushi with wasabi, dark soy sauce and pickled ginger