If you follow my blog (which I hope you do :)) you know how much I like baking. Preferably easy baking! With the years in the kitchen I found that the biggest challenge is not always the recipe, but the oven. I have been using almost any kind of oven- from simple electricity oven, gas oven, super posh one to very simple one. How to get it right- watch your bake at all times.
To have this banana bread baked with golden crust I moved it around the oven at least three times, just to make sure that it is baked all the way. It end up perfect!
About the recipe you will find it easy. Try to get organic and ripe bananas if possible so their sweetness will melt in your mouth later. I added walnuts and dates for extra crunch and stickiness. We skipped the dinner and had the banana bread only…and again for breakfast this morning. One advice- don`t count calories and indulge this delicious bread today.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 ripe bananas plus 2 more for decoration
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 10 deseeded dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until double its size
- Add the soften butter and mix well
- Using a fork mash the bananas and add them to the egg mix
- Add the walnuts, dates, salt, baking powder and vanilla
- Add the flour and mix well to incorporate
- Pour the mix into buttered baking tray and decorate with the two bananas you have left
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
3 Comments Add yours
That is indeed a posh banana bread!!! Gorgeous!
I love the bananas split open on the top, so pretty!
It gives nice squishy finish on the crust 🍌🍌🍌