What a better way to return to your blog after months of absence! Since my last post from August my life changed beyond believe! Tom set a beautiful ring on my finger and we announced my pregnancy! Our little girl is on her way and we are so excited to welcome her on April next year.
During the last months I had to get used to with living life totally different of what I know. All the changes of my body and well known morning sickness really stop me from cooking and blogging. The biggest craving was, and still is -gummy bears and fresh watermelon slices, and there isn`t much to blog about it 🙂 But being 6 months pregnant now, I am finally ready to return with some delicious recipes.
My come back recipe are these crepes Suzette! Thin as a lace and soaked in delicious orange sauce, they can give great start of your morning. The preparation might take some time, but the result will surprise you and your loved ones. While Tom was dusting our new garden I managed to make everything ready and have few snaps before we can dig in. It took me longer than I expected, but waking up at 7am definitely did the job, so we had enough time to have the garden clean, cats entertained and the breakfast photographed and eaten.
For the recipe I did my search here and there in Internet. But again I end up changing everything as per my liking and still keeping the original recipe and taste. Try this crepes next weekend and let me know how did they go.
Ingredients: (for 10-12 crepes)
- 300 g white flour
- 2 eggs
- 500-600 ml milk (it depends how big the eggs are)
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs oil
For the orange sauce:
- 200 ml fresh orange juice (I used 2 oranges)
- 50 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 150 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tbsp Grand Marnier
- 1 tbsp Cognac
- Start with mixing well the ingredients for the crepes.
- Preheat your pan and oil it using a paper tissue
- Bake each crepe for 15-20 seconds on each side.
- Fold each crepe as shown on the photos
- For the sauce start with melting the butter and sugar together
- Once doubled its size add the zest and juice and stir well for 3-4 minutes
- Add the alcohol and stir for another 2 minutes on low heat
- Dip each crepe into the sauce and arrange into a serving plate.
- Finish the crepes by dusting with icing sugar before serving
4 Comments Add yours
Congratulations on your milestones! What an awesome come back recipe! These look gorgeous.
This post would make a great submission to Our Growing Edge, which is a link up party for new food adventures. This month’s theme is “Nostalgia”. More info here: http://bunnyeatsdesign.com/our-growing-edge/
Lovely! Congratulations xx
Thanks Natascha :*