There is something warming about Thai recipes. If you, like me, love their food, then even mentioning of ginger, coriander, coconut and lime will make you crave it. Thai dishes are fresh and usually ready in no time. But they are also hearty and bursts with flavors.
This recipe is done in under 15 mins. Yet, my husband declared it as one of the best meals he ever had (although he likes exaggerating about food all the times 😀 ). He liked it so much we had it two nights in a row. But don`t just take my word for it and try it yourself!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups chiken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 can coconut milk
- bean vermicelli
- 1 lime, juiced and one additonal for serving
- Sliced red onion, red chilis, coriander, spring onions to garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the oil, garlic, ginger, and Thai red curry paste. Fry for 5 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, water, fish sauce, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil. At this point, taste the broth for salt and adjust seasoning accordingly (add salt if needed, or if it’s too salty, add a bit of water). Pour the boiling soup over the dried vermicelli noodles in your serving bowls, add a squeeze of lime juice and your garnishes, and serve. The noodles will be ready to eat in a couple minutes.