This soup is ready in less than 30 minutes, it`s easy, delicious, plant based, gluten free and packed with goodness. What else you need to convince you 🙂 I give credit for the recipe to Cookie and Kate. I changed it just slightly to match with my personal preferences. I hope you give it a go too.
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch snow peas
- ¾ cup unsalted peanut butter
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- chopped cashew nuts for serving
- chopped purslane for serving
- basmati rice for serving
- In a medium Dutch oven or pot, bring the stock to a boil. Add the onion, ginger, garlic and salt. Cook on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the peanut butter and tomato paste, then transfer 1 to 2 cups of the hot stock to the bowl. Whisk the mixture together until smooth, then pour the peanut mixture back into the soup and mix well. Stir in the snow peas and season the soup with hot sauce to taste.
- Simmer for about 15 more minutes on medium-low heat, stirring often. Serve topped with rice, cashew nuts and purslane.