I love anything that begin with two ingredients. But is it always good? In this case yes! I saw this flat bread recipe on Buzzfeed and I was curious would it work. It turned really well and it was good even on the next morning.
The veggie stew is simple and flavorful- probably my favorite childhood dish. It is purely vegan, but goes just perfect with a spoon of plain yogurt or white feta type cheese. Oh, did I mentioned it is also one pot made-yes that easy. Give it a go!
INGREDIENTS: for 4 portions
For the stew:
- 2 big potatoes
- 2 bell peppers (choose your color)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp fenugreek powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- fresh parsley to serve
For the flat bread:
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3-4 cups white flour (use more if needed)
- Chop your veggies into big chunks
- Saute the veggies with oil and spices for 2-3 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and 4 cups water.
- Cook until it thickens and everything is nicely cooked through
- Serve with freshly chopped parsley
- In a big bowl mix yogurt and flour until you get nice soft dough.
- Roll small balls into flat bread
- Bake on a griddle pan for 3-4 minutes on each side (or until visibly cooked)