I love a good curry recipe. This one is packed with flavor and totally vegan.
Recipe adopted from: Jamie Oliver
INGREDIENTS: Serve 2 portions!
- 2 medium onions
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas
- 1-2 fresh green chillies
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1-2 teaspoon sugar
- 200 g canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- a few sprigs of fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- Peel and finely chop the onions, drain and rinse the chickpeas and finely slice the green chillies.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the mustard seeds. Stir in the onions and fry until transparent and turning golden at the edges.
- Chop and add the tinned tomatoes, then cook for another 5 minutes, before adding the ginger, garlic, garam masala and sugar (if using), and a pinch of sea salt. Keep stirring and cook for further 5 minutes.
- Stir the chickpeas into the pan. Add 250ml water to make a thick sauce. Place the lid on the pan, lower the heat and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pick and finely chop the coriander and finely sliced green chillies, to serve.