The best thing about home made poke bowl is that you can top it with your favorite ingredients, add as much as you want fresh fish and of course get almost unlimited extra sauce! I love poke bowls because they are healthy, bright in color and super filling. I never tried making my own before, and after trying this recipe I regret not doing it earlier.
It is very easy to make, and you need to marinate the fish for not longer than 10-15 minutes. This is nearly the time you will boil your rice!
INGREDIENTS – for two portions
For the marinated tuna
- 2 tuna steaks as fresh as possible
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 thumb size chopped ginger
For the toppings
- 1 ready to eat avocado
- 3 radishes
- spring onion
- 1/2 cup edamame beans
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1 small cucumber, seeds removed
- 2 cups cooked rice- room temperature
- Chop the tuna into 1 cm chunks. Mix with the sauces and ginger and let marinate for 10-15 minutes in the fridge
- Chop the coriander and spring onion
- Slice the radishes
- Cut the cucumber into half and then slice
- Cut the avocado into cubes
- Take the fish from the fridge and build your bowl by starting with the bed of rice, then fish and the veggies.