Winter time calls for hearty stew with loads of gravy! This particular recipe is probably the easiest of all as it is cooked in slow cooker. All you need to do is cut your veggies into big pieces (to avoid turning them into mush), sear your beef (please don`t skip this step as you will miss all the great flavors), add spices and good of course good red wine!
INGREDIENTS: for 4 people
- 450 g beef cut into big chunks
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 white onions
- 5-6 gloves garlic
- 2 glasses of red wine ( I used Merlot, but Burgundy or Cabernet Sauvignon is also great!)
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp HP sauce
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Preheat a pan with a tbsp of oil, season the beef with salt and pepper and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side
- Chop your veggies to a thumb size and place them on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add the beef, spices and sauces. Mix the tomato puree with 1 cup water and add it to the beef. Cover with wine and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on slow at the slow cooker.