In this dish I combined my daughters favourites veggies- red cabbage, carrots and peppers. She also loves pasta, so noodles worked great. It`s hard to imagine serving this to a 2 year old, but she love it every time I cook this. You can keep it vegan by skipping the steak, or add rotisserie chicken (I did that last week), or even try tofu or an omelette. The combinations are endless and all you need is the soba base.
INGREDIENTS (enough for two adults and a toddler)
- 1 pack soba noodles (the one I am buying is not very big)
- 1 cup reg cabbage, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 red pepper (any color will do perfectly), sliced thin
- big handful coriander, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts (I didn`t bother removing the skin), chopped
- the juice of 2 limes or 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp agave syrup (I guess you can substitute with honey, but I personally think agave is more neutral)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp oil (I use canola)
- sesame seed to serve (totally optional)
For the steak:
- 2 medium sized ramp steaks (around 2 cm thick)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 stem rosemary
- 1 nob butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper
- Start by cooking the steak so you will give it enough time to rest.
- Preheat cast iron pan and add butter, oil, garlic and rosemary.
- Cook the steak on each side for 3-4 minutes (we eat our medium- rare)
- Place the meat on a cutting board and let it rest 5-10 minutes
- Boil you soba noodles, strain the water and wash with cold water to cool them down
- Mix all salad ingredients and if needed adjust the seasoning to your taste- more lemon, more agave etc.
- Serve the salad and top with slices of steak and sesame seeds
2 Comments Add yours
Looks tasty 🙂
Thank you 🙂