The Arabic lentil soup is a must have for every Ramadan table. It is the perfect starter, very nutritious and rich in fiber. I love all the flavors in there such as cardamon, cumin and coriander. Finish it with the squeeze of lemon and enjoy it hot.
- 2 cups red lentils
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp cardamon powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
- 4-5 tbsp oil
- Chop the onion and saute until slightly golden.
- Wash the lentils and add to the onions.
- Add about two pints of water and season
- Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Blend the soup, squeeze half lemon in it and serve with extra lemon wedges