I am not a big fan of meat, and specially chicken. But I would never say no fry chicken. This recipe is elevating the fry chicken with some Thai flavors and it was an absolute winner at home. It`s crunchy and juicy, but also packed with herbs and aromas. I like to serve it with fresh salad and sweet chili sauce.
Recipe inspired by Marion`s kitchen.
- 1.5 kg drumsticks and chicken breasts
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- handful coriander roots ( well washed)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 cup rice flour (it does give extra crunch but if you don`t have it use regular white flour instead)
- 1 cup white flour
- oil for frying
- Using a blender make the marinate for the chicken by combining garlic, coriander roots, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, salt and pepper and cumin. You should get nice aromatic paste
- Score the chicken meat slightly (helps the marinate to get in and also cook faster).
- Mix the chicken and marinate and let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small pan, preheat the oil (be generous)
- Dust each chicken bit in the flour mix and fry until golden (around 20 minutes)